Are you a Zero Waste home?
Seems like an impossibility I know but I find many of our buyers and tenants are keen to be more economical and environmentally friendly and there are solutions to buying better, throwing away less and recycling smarter.
While helping the environment, some of these helpful tips could assist when coming to sell or let your property to the ever-increasing eco-friendly viewers;
• Magnet Kitchens has designs which accommodate drawers with inserts which help to preserve food for much longer — mainly designed for bread, fruit and vegetables.
• Single-use plastics are frowned upon these days, and many people now use charcoal filters to purify water and reuse. Have a look at www.black-blum.com
• Separating rubbish is made more accessible with bin technology, making it very easy to recycle. I love the solutions by Pluck Kitchens which have intelligent designs to accommodate recycling. Alternatively, Joseph & Joseph, Totem & Brabantia have great-looking freestanding options.
• To keep food waste away from landfill, look at an Insinkerator. They break down bones too but learn from my mistake and don’t put a turkey leg down it!
• Many stores now restrict packaging on foods. You can find retailers local to you at www.thezerowaster.com
• Go large with composting leftovers. You can now buy a mini hot bin for £150 – it won the best product at RHS Chelsea 2019. www.hotbincomposting.com
It doesn’t have to break the bank, and you’ll love that feeling of helping the planet – I know I do!