find out the value of your home in 60 seconds

Six ways to sell in a stick market

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on whatsapp

Let’s be honest, the sales market has been slightly tougher recently. With the World Cup linking to the Summer holidays and then Brexit fears coupled with Christmas there have certainly been less buyer registrations between June 18 and now. I would go as far as saying about 50% less.

With January normally being the month when buyer activity picks up, here are six tips to help you be prepared paperwork-wise when your property becomes ‘under offer’.

  • Mortgage: Get a rough idea from an Independent expert how much you can borrow ( Have your ID, accounts, SA302’s, bank statements, payslips ready for when you apply for your mortgage.
  • Property Deeds: These will be lodged with your solicitor used when buying your home. Your current solicitor will need to obtain official deeds from the Land Registry.
  • Leasehold: For leasehold properties you will need to show a copy of the contract and complete a seller’s information pack otherwise known as form TA7.
  • Energy Performance Certificate (EPC): If you are already on the market this should have already been commissioned. Many estate agents will push you to use their people and could be paid a commission for the referral (we don’t do this BTW!). You should expect to pay about £50 for an EPC.
  • Property Information Form: This is a long form. Known as a TA6. You will need to have full details on aspects such as gas safety certificates, planning consents, building regulations, warranties, boundaries, guarantees, insurance, environmental issues, access rights, risks, parking, ground rents, service charges…. I told you it was a long form!
  • Fixtures & Fittings: This TA10 form is about what you intend to leave and what you take with you when you sell.

So, there you have it, having all of these in place will hopefully stop any unnecessary delays.

Book a Property Valuation